"The Anointing" - Living in the Presence of God

The most precious gift for a Christian is the anointing of the Holy Spirit. The anointing is God Himself being with you in your life and ministry. It is living in the empowering presence of God and God gives us the power to do things that we cannot do in our own strength.

Moses said to God, “If your presence does not go with us, do not send us up there.” God granted his request, saying, “My presence will go with you, and I will give you rest” (Exodus 33:14-15).

In the presence of God, there will be freedom, peace, rest, joy and love. When the anointing of the Holy Spirit comes upon our life, we will be transformed forever.

I was an ordinary Christian; seldom miss attending Sunday Church service. I enjoyed the weekly Cell Care Group fellowship and loved the frequent tours conducted by our Church senior members. That was before the Fire of the Holy Spirit hit me like a powerful bolt of lightning and swept through my entire body. Thereafter, I lost the desire for the things I used to do which included my addicted habitual card playing sessions. I gave up my business. I develop a fear for the Lord and desire to live a life holy & pleasing to God.

I could no longer fit into the old lifestyle of what I was. Strangely, my close Christian friends began to keep away from me as they could not understand what God was doing in my life.

Meanwhile, the Fire of God constantly swept through my right palm in a very powerful way. Sometimes I experience it 2 or 3 times daily especially in the beginning stage of empowerment. It is the refining & ministering anointing fire. Before God could use me for the powerful ministry that He has called me to, the thick layer of sin in me has to be burned and I have to be refined and purified as “… He will be like a refiner’s fire or a launderer’s soap and He will sit as a refiner and a purifier of silver…” (Malachi 3:2-4).

With sins flashed in my mind, the repentance cleared the path that hindered what God wanted to give me as my heritage & birthright being a child of God. Once when I was being swept by the Fire of God, He opened my vision, and I saw a light from heaven beamed through my body. I could see the empty void in my body where the light beamed through.

Thereon, ‘miracles, signs & wonders’ began to accompany me (Mark 16:17). When the anointing is upon me, people may just fall when they come near to me. When I call a person’s name, or point my finger at him/her, the person with a sensitive spirit may even fall to the floor or drop off from the chair or sweep by the power of God.

Soaking into the anointing at CKRM weekly, the Saturday Power ministry has made almost all our co-workers so sensitive in the Spirit (Romans 8:14) that I could not have a meal fellowship with them in a public place without creating a scene.

The Lord says, “Apart from Him, we can do nothing” (John 15:5). Zechariah 4:6, “Not by might nor by power but by My Spirit, says the Lord Almighty.”

Thus, whatever we do in our life or ministry, we need the anointing of the Holy Spirit. The anointing is living in His presence and it is more precious & desirous than any spiritual gift a Christian could have. Without it, there will be no growth, victory and blessing in our ministry.

“The yoke shall be destroyed because of the anointing” (Isaiah 10:27). When the anointing comes, the devil’s hold on lives is destroyed.

The anointing in me has kept evil away from me. The anointing is a treasure from heaven. We must always guard our heart, mind and tongue and be faithful and obedient to God so that we will not lose the anointing like Saul. 1 Samuel 16:14, “Now the Spirit of the Lord had departed from Saul, and an evil spirit from the Lord tormented him.” Use the anointing to bless others and don’t misuse it.

0 comments: