To Obey Is Better Than Sacrifice

The Lord told Samuel, “I have found David, a man after My own heart, who will do all My will.” Thus God replaced Saul with David as the King of Israel. 1 Samuel 16:13-14, “So Samuel took the horn of oil and anointed David in the presence of his brothers and from that day on the Spirit of the Lord came upon David in power. Now the Spirit of the Lord had departed from Saul, and an evil spirit from the Lord tormented him.”

In 2004, putting aside my logic (Proverbs 3:5), I took the step of faith to attend a course in a Chinese Seminary in California. As I don't quite understand Mandarin, I misunderstood deliverance time for impartation and was rewarded with a powerful ‘Fire Anointing.’ (See the article written by Dr Henry Chieng posted in the Website: http://www.ckrm.org/?p=566

Prior to this, the Lord gave me a message through the speaker in the seminar on my first day of attendance. The Lord was pleased with my faith that despite that there was a language barrier; I came from afar to attend the seminar. Thus, God would bless me with a very special gift which I would not be able to obtain even in my country.

At the Power ministry every Saturday, this powerful gift has blessed many Christians especially in empowerment & enhancing their sensitiveness to the leading of the Holy Spirit (Romans 8:14), which also include healings, deliverance and activating the gifts of the Spirit.

It is by the love of our Heavenly Father and His grace that we are able to be led and to obey Him.

Saul lost God’s favour and lost his kingdom to David because he gave in to his people out of fear that caused him to disobey God (1 Samuel 15:22-24).

Disobedience has caused many Christians to lose the calling without even knowing it because of their fear of men.

As Christian, we have too often taken things for granted. We think that if we study the Bible, pray and go to Church regularly, and even get involved in some ministries, we will be accepted into the kingdom of God, regardless of the will of God.

According to our Lord, this is not so. Jesus said in Matthew 7:21, “only he who does the will of my Father will enter the kingdom of heaven.”

0 comments: